Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

First bags now shoes

I made these ages ago and I'm only getting around to writing about them. I stumbled across a very cute kimono shoe on one of the blogs I read (sorry can't remember which one now, need to blog more often). I popped over to the website to have a peak. So then I discovered ithinksew. Very cute patterns I could buy them all but restricted myself to 3 (only made 2 so far)!! The little zipper pouch from the previous post was a free pattern when I bought 3, yay.


Michi Kimono-Style Baby Booties - 1
Pattern by ithinksew - Michi Kimono-Style Baby Booties Size 1

These are the first ones I made. I don't usually make more than one thing at a time unless I'm doing a production line, and when I do those they are usually all the same. I got myself very confused with the whole left hand right hand opposite thingy, so I sewed the wrong base on the wrong shoe, anyway lots of unpicking recutting and resewing. But they turned out ok. I am definitely going to make these again, I'll just need to be more focused.

Cameron Baby Sneakers - 1
Pattern by ithinksew - Cameron Baby Sneakers Size 3

With my second pair I decided to try a larger size, one that should fit Little O.

Cameron Baby Sneakers - 1
Pattern by ithinksew - Cameron Baby Sneakers Size 3

Well I got the left hand right hand thing ok but I had lots of trouble fitting the top to the base. So much so I was wondering for top, if the edge of the patten should be the actual sewing line. Anyone else had that problem with this shoe? I made a mistake, as you can see in the picture, I clipped the seams before turning out to see if everything sewed properly. We live and learn.

Cameron Baby Sneakers - 2
Pattern by ithinksew - Cameron Baby Sneakers Size 3

So I tried again. This time without interfacing and I sewed exactly on the patterns seam allowance. It turned out better but I still had trouble with the top fitting to the base. The width of the straps also doesn't look as wide as the photo on the pattern. Any clues anyone?

Cameron Baby Sneakers - 2
Pattern by ithinksew - Cameron Baby Sneakers Size 3. Modelled by Little O

And these are the shoes in action. They stay on and get lots of comments :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...