Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skill Builder Sampler - block 3


I finished this a week ago and I'm only just getting to blog about it now. School holidays at the moment and computer time has been a bit non existent, you should see the count in my google reader! Though I have had some time to sew and as soon as I get some good light to photograph what I've made, then I'll be back again.

This block appeared to be so easy but ended up smaller than the other 2. I think I will be sashing each of the blocks to make them even in the end. My 1/4 inch foot just isn't so I need to be really careful. I guess that's what this skill builder is all about. I ended up doing the trim method for the HST's which I'm glad I did cos there wasn't much to trim. The next challenge is to design my own block which is going to be hard, there is only so many ways you can do it! I'm trying really hard not to go to the flickr group to see what everyone else is doing so I don't copy, don't think I'll last!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...