Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Enjohn the 3 headed monster


Enjohn the 3 headed monster, originally uploaded by MandyMade.

Meet Enjohn the 3 headed monster. It's school holidays at the moment and Aidan was itching to make something, he'd exhausted lego building so turned to my sewing machine. So we looked through all of my softies books. He came across Tri-Plod from "Invasion of the Plush Monsters" by Veronika Alice Gunter. He was designed by Ian Dennis.

We had to enlarge the pattern (one of my pet hates about some of these books) so had to visit dad at work so he could enlarge the pattern. He printed it on a thick card so we could use it as a template, very handy, then a trip to spotlight for the materials. The pattern asked for 1 metre of felt, total over kill, 30cm would have done it, so we now have plenty of red felt to make something else. The blue fuzzy material came as a fat quarter so that was handy, more monsters can be made of that. I think the eyes could have been smaller, it was a bit tricky inserting them, there wasn't a size in the pattern so I had to guess.

This book is supposed to be for beginners, I thought this pattern required more than a beginners knowledge of how to make a softie.

He's been on lots of adventures, especially with the first softie I ever made, Tu Tu, and will go on lots more, until school goes back I think.

Happy Monster making

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...