Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sew It Together 2010

It's time to blog about it. It was fantastic. Had so much fun. I never thought it would come, now it's come and gone. I put so many faces to names and blog names. I wish I took a photo of everyone so I could remember.

Friday Shopping Trip and Drinks at Nikki's

I had to work in the morning of the shopping trip, which is an early start for me, so by the time I got on the bus I was nearly ready to finish the day. Didn't last long though, I was soon into the swing of things and meeting new people. I was a bit shell shocked and shy though so sorry if I didn't get to speak with you, I was taking it all in though.

First stop was Amitie. I've never been to the shop before, only buying from them at shows and being part of their VIP club. I will be going back. There are so many fantastic fabrics in there, and so many for boys, something I've been searching for. The ladies were lovely with afternoon tea waiting for us and a very generous discount, how ace. I bought fabric and hexagon templates. This is me and Leah, my partner in crime, poring over our fabric choices.

Photo Originally uploaded by SusanL

Next up was Patchwork on Central, there I bought an Amy Butler weekender pattern. Back on the bus and off to Ink and Spindle.

SIT - Ink & Spindle Demo

I've been wanting to go to their open days for ages but can never make it. So I was very excited. The girls gave us a printing demo and I bought some backing material to make cushions (and finally use up the fabric I bought from them at last years show).
Lastly for the day we ended up at Nikki's studio where she put on bubbly and nibbles for all of us. We also got to see her studio, amazing, and buy a few things too. I forgot to photograph them but I got some bag bits too. I was exhausted ready for bed, looking forward to the big sewing day ahead.

My Friday Stash

This is my haul from friday shopping day. (minus a few fabrics that made it into the satuday photo. The scissors, thread and fabric pack where from The Oz Material girls who were very generous in giving all the shopping girls a give-away, thanks heaps.

I'm going to break this into 2 posts, so I'll be back soon with more.

TTFN

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing my photos on other people's blogs ... even if they were sneakily taken. I be tyou didn't even know I was stalking you. LOL It was so nice meeting everybody. I had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it fun? It was really lovely to meet you!

    I'm wishing that I had gone on the fabric-buying trip now. It looks like you got Lego and VW beetle prints ... how cool! They would be the only prints I wouldn't have to sneak into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your pictures and stories with us, Loved to have been there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Weekender Bag pattern too, but so far I'm too scared to try it! Maybe I'll just wait to see yours first, ha ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fantastic day out. Is it an annual event?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...