Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Patchwork Ball No 2

Patchwork Ball no 2

Another Patchwork Ball, this time for the cousin of the first ball I made. Confused, I am, it's my cousins daughter so does that make her my second cousin? And the first was given to my other cousins son. Anyway, I fussy cut the fabric again from a very cute fabric I found at a local material shop, Darn Cheap Fabrics. It didn't come together quite as nicely this time, I think it stretched a bit when sewing together, it was also very hot the day I decided to put it together. So there you go, another one done. I highly recommend this pattern for a relatively quick to make and useful gift for a 1 year old.
TTFN

Anna Maria Horner's For Kicks Patchwork Ball from Seams to Me. Handmade by MandyMade

5 comments:

  1. Super cute and looks like a LOT of work with all those tiny pieces! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great baby project! I'm gonna be a grandma in about 7 months so better start making baby stuff I guess! lol

    This ball looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sweet - the fabric you have used is lovely - perfect for the size of each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your ball on Flickr. I attempted this same ball and had trouble matching up the corners without getting some major puckering. Needless to say my ball turned out quite wonky, I was really disappointed with it. Sounds like you didn't struggle with this one at all! Any tips you could give? Maybe I just need to invest in a rotary cutter? Beautiful work! Love the fabric choice as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie. Thanks for your comment. Mine did end up puckering a bit at the corners!! I didn't use a rotary cutter for this project, though I do use one a lot. I made templates of the pieces then drew around them and cut out with scissors, this also helped with fussy cutting. Hope this helps, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...