Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Octavius Owl


Octavius Owl
Originally uploaded by MandyMade
I completed Octavius Owl. It was really easy to make I must say. I have never quilted any of my softies before so this was the new challenge. The back part seemed to end up being too long (about a seam allowance) so I trimmed it back, this worked. I'm not very good at top stitching around corners, I like to think it's my machine that's restricting me!! So I hand top stitched.
As I have blogged before about the fabric I wont go in to detail but I now think that some of it is Moda, but please don't quote me.
Check out more photos on my flickr site for more detail.
Octavius Owl from Homespun Vol 9.10 Design by Jhoanna Monte Aranez. Handmade by MandyMade.

Octavius Owl
Originally uploaded by MandyMade

1 comment:

  1. Great owl. Hi Manda - no I deon't prewash y jelly rolls or layer cakes.I think on the Moda site somewhere they say not to. I have washed a quilt afterwards and can't tell the difference from a quilt that used all pre washed fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to read them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...